Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Make this early in the day and refrigerate. Remember, if you're packing it along on an outing, keep it on ice in a reliable cooler and eat it as soon as possible.
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon each paprika and garlic salt
- a grind of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter or margarine
- 1 free-range chicken, about 3 pounds, cut into pieces
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, garlic salt, pepper, and parsley.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Dip the chicken in melted butter, and then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place, skin side up, on a lightly oiled or oiled sprayed baking pan, arranging pieces so they don't touch (you can use two pans if needed).
- Bake at 350°F for an hour or until the meat at the thighbone is no longer pink when checked with a knife.
- To serve cold, remove to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and refrigerate until well chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
- 600 calories (360 from fat) | 40g total fat | 15g saturated fat | < 1g dietary fiber | 40g protein | 16g carbohydrate | 170mg cholesterol | 600mg sodium