Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Light and tasty treats are particularly sweet with Vidalia onions, but they are good with whatever is available.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Healthy HomeStyle Cookbook
- Number of Servings: 4
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced ea
- 1 tbsp reduced-calorie corn oil
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- Peel onion; slice into ¼ inch rings.
- Sprinkle with oil and toss to coat.
- Mix dry ingredients, sprinkle over onion rings, and toss to coat evenly.
- Place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup (2 oz) serving
- Exchanges: 2 Vegetable | 1 Fat
- Calories 93 (Calories from fat 45) | Total fat 5g (Saturated fat 1g) | Cholesterol 3 mg | Sodium 104 mg | Total Carbohydrate 9 g (Dietary fiber 1g) | Protein 3 g