Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 6
- 2 eggplants, about 1 lb each
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- seasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cut eggplants into diagonal slices; dredge in flour; beat together egg, oil, salt and pepper.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then in seasoned bread crumbs; put in greased baking pan and cover with foil pierced with fork to make air vents.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap, top each slice of eggplant with a slice of tomato and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.