Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Cummings estate in Durant, Oklahoma in 1987. Date and source unknown. Marked as a favorite holiday main course.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1-tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup beef bouillon
- Heat oil to medium and add lamb shanks.
- Cook over medium heat until browned on all sides.
- Remove lamb.
- Add onions, green pepper and garlic, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Place lamb in 2-quart casserole.
- Top with tomato sauce mixture.
- Cover and bake in 325°F oven 2 hours, or until lamb shanks are tender.