Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 lb blue, Yukon Gold, or
- red thin-skinned potatoes - (2" wide)
- 1 1/2 lb short slender carrots - (1/2" thick) ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 lb pearl onions - (3/4" wide)
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbl fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- salt to taste
- Scrub potatoes and carrots.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Peel onions.
- In a 12- by 15-inch roasting pan, mix potatoes, carrots, onions, oil, thyme, rosemary, and pepper.
- Roast vegetables in a 450 degree oven, stirring occasionally, until tender when pierced, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer pan from oven to rangetop and set over medium heat.
- Add red wine, balsamic vinegar, and chicken broth.
- Stir until brown drippings are scraped free and vegetables are coated, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon vegetables into a bowl.
- Add salt to taste.