A crisp alternative to french fries is mixed and made with real cheese, salt, and spices and baked to smooth perfection. Gravy sometimes works for this for dipping, too.
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper, black only
- 16 ounces frozen crinkle cut French-fried potatoes
- Preheat an oven to 450° F.
- Combine cheese, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 3 teaspoons black pepper, or to taste.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl coated with the cooking spray.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese mixture, tossing well. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F for 13 minutes or until tender. Serve warm and plain or with other side dishes or appetizers.