Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 tablespoons meringue powder combined with ½ cup water
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat slowly until they are blended then beat at medium speed until icing forms stiff peaks.
- Add more sugar if icing is not stiff enough or a few drops of water if it is too stiff.
- Use immediately.