This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- ½ white onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 7 ounce can chunk-style tuna, drained
- Combine chicken stock, half the potatoes and the onion in a pot.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sage, paprika, salt and pepper and puree in an electric blender.
- Return to the pot and add the remaining potatoes, milk, carrots and celery.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Break tuna into chunks then add to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.