Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- ½ white onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 7 ounce can chunk-style tuna, drained
- Combine chicken stock, half the potatoes and the onion in a pot.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sage, paprika, salt and pepper and puree in an electric blender.
- Return to the pot and add the remaining potatoes, milk, carrots and celery.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Break tuna into chunks then add to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.