Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds lean pork cubed
- 1 lemon
- 3 onions sliced
- 3 garlic cloves divided
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can beer
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Put pork into a large plastic bag or container.
- Wash lemon shred peel and squeeze juice then set aside.
- Add onions, 2 garlic cloves, ¼ cup cilantro, cumin seed and bay leaf to pork.
- Pour beer and lemon juice over all.
- Seal bag or cover.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine remaining garlic, cilantro and lemon peel.
- Refrigerate then remove pork from marinade reserving marinade.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper then roll pork cubes in mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet then add pork cubes and cook until browned.
- Lift onions out of marinade and add to meat.
- Cook stirring occasionally until onions are lightly browned.
- Add reserved marinade, vinegar, broth and brown sugar then simmer for 1¼ hours.
- To serve sprinkle stew with reserved cilantro and garlic mixture.