Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef round steak, cut into thin, narrow strips
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped Onion
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons bottled steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add meat and cook over high heat until brown. Stir in rice and Onion; cook until rice is golden, stirring often. Combine tomato juice with water, chili sauce, steak sauce, salt, pepper and garlic; heat to boiling. Pour over meat mixture. Top with pepper rings. Place lid on skillet. Heap coals around sides and on top of skillet lid and cook until rice is tender (or bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees).