Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie’s collection. Dated 1922. Is it my imagination or does this recipe seem incomplete? I include ALL recipes as written.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ½ package dried red kidney beans
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup whole grain rice
- 1 ounce salt pork
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- tabasco sauce, to taste
- Place beans in Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Add beef stock.
- Cover and simmer all day.
- Add water if necessary as beans will swell and may need liquid.
- An hour before mealtime, prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry salt pork in skillet and discard.
- Sauté Onion and garlic in drippings.
- Add Onion, garlic, and some of the pan drippings to beans.
- Mound rice in bowls and ladle beans over rice and serve.
- Season to taste with a dash or two of Tabasco sauce.