In Romanian: Tort Othello
- 9 eggs
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee essence
- 2 oz / 55 g cacao
- 2 oz / 55 g flour
- 2 oz / 55 g chopped walnuts
- hazelnuts or almonds
- oil, flour to dust pan
- fruits from preserves
- Whip the egg whites, gradually adding the 9 tablespoons of sugar.
- Then gradually add the 9 yolks, stirring continuously.
- Add cacao, flour, ground walnuts, coffee essence (strained and cooled) and mix well.
- Pour into a rectangular pan which was previously greased with oil and dusted with flour and bake at medium heat.
- When done, turn onto a cutting board.
- After it is completely cold, cut lengthwise in 3 equal parts.
- Spread the following cream on each sheet.
- Mix the sugar with the cacao, add water and set to boil to thicken like sour cream.
- Let cool, then mix with beaten butter and rum. Mix well.
- Divide the cream into 2 equal parts.
- Use one of these parts to spread on the sheets and lay them one on top of the other.
- Use the other half of the cream to cover the cake.
- Garnish with fruits from preserves and serve the following day, cut in triangles.