Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort Othello
- 9 eggs
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee essence
- 2 oz / 55 g cacao
- 2 oz / 55 g flour
- 2 oz / 55 g chopped walnuts
- hazelnuts or almonds
- oil, flour to dust pan
- fruits from preserves
- Whip the egg whites, gradually adding the 9 tablespoons of sugar.
- Then gradually add the 9 yolks, stirring continuously.
- Add cacao, flour, ground walnuts, coffee essence (strained and cooled) and mix well.
- Pour into a rectangular pan which was previously greased with oil and dusted with flour and bake at medium heat.
- When done, turn onto a cutting board.
- After it is completely cold, cut lengthwise in 3 equal parts.
- Spread the following cream on each sheet.
- Mix the sugar with the cacao, add water and set to boil to thicken like sour cream.
- Let cool, then mix with beaten butter and rum. Mix well.
- Divide the cream into 2 equal parts.
- Use one of these parts to spread on the sheets and lay them one on top of the other.
- Use the other half of the cream to cover the cake.
- Garnish with fruits from preserves and serve the following day, cut in triangles.