Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ cup orzo (rice shaped pasta)
- 3 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, julienne or ½ tbsp dried basil, crumbled
- fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add orzo and sauté 2 minute.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan and basil julienne.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer orzo to shallow bowl.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.