Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A TNT recipe
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6 to 8
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 box orzo (16 oz)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tbsp ground pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In large skillet, melt the butter.
- Sauté onions over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until golden.
- Cook orzo in boiling salted water according to directions on box.
- Drain in strainer.
- Toss orzo with onion/mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.
- Tiny Italian noodles can be substituted for orzo.
- Chopped water chestnuts can be added with the orzo for a crunchy texture.