Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 2 ea eggs; beaten
- 1/2 c water
- 2 c flour
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 1/2 t cream of tartar
- 1 c Raisins, seedless
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 c pecans; chopped
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 c brown sugar, dark
- Combine 1/2 cup Sugar, water and cornstarch, mix well and cook over low heat until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add Raisins, pecans and set aside.
- Beat butter until soft, add remaining Sugar and brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add to butter mixture along with milk and vanilla. Beat until a smooth batter forms.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spoon half of batter into greased 8 inch square pan. Spread raisin-pecan mixture over the batter and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until cake test comes out clean.