Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Paula in California at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 packet (16-ounces) 15 or 10 bean soup mix, with Cajun seasoning included
- 2 ham hocks or ½ pound ham steak
- 1 can (12-ounces) beer
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, (up to 4)
- 1 can stewed Mexican tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 pound hot Polish sausage
- ½ pound raw, boneless chicken breast
- Sort and rinse beans.
- Combine beans, 7 cups water, beer, ham hocks, seasoning packet in large 6 – 8 quarters pan.
- Bring to boil and reduce to a rapid simmer.
- Add chopped onions, celery, garlic and tomatoes to pan.
- Simmer, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Remove ham meat, chop fine, and add rest of meat, cut into small chunks.
- Simmer for 1½ hours more until beans are soft.