Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Recipes For People With Diabetes by Sue Spitler
- 8 servings (about ⅔ cups each)
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup millet
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 – 3 tsp finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dark sesame, or vegetable oil
- 2½ cups oriental broth
- 1½ cups halved snow peas
- ½ can (6-oz size) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 2 – 3 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute rice, millet, onion, celery, gingerroot, and garlic in sesame oil in large saucepan until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir snow peas, water chestnuts, and green onion into grain mixture; simmer, covered, until grains and snow peas are tender and broth absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- 137 Calories | 4.1g Protein | 194 mg Sodium | 0 mg Cholesterol | 2.7g Fat | 24g Carbs
- Exchanges: ½ vegetable | 1⅕ bread