Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 stick lemon grass
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch ginger root sliced into thin rounds
- 2 fresh hot chili peppers cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Smash lemon grass with the flat of a large knife and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat coconut milk and water in a saucepan over moderate heat but do not boil.
- Add lemon grass, ginger and chilies and simmer for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add chicken strips and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.