Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds choice Chicken pieces
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 2-ounce can sliced mushrooms with liquid
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Season Chicken pieces with salt and pepper; cook in oil until browned on all sides, turning occasionally. Drain off excess fat. Pour water over Chicken. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until Chicken is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, onions, celery, mushrooms and liquid. Simmer about 5 minutes. Blend cornstarch and soy sauce. Gradually pour into Chicken mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and smooth. Serve over fluffy rice. Garnish with parsley.