Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1½ cups cooked white chicken meat, chopped
- ½ cup canned crushed unsweetened pineapple, well drained
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup canned chopped water chestnuts, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- leaf lettuce
- 4 oat bran pita rounds
- Combine chicken, pineapple, celery, water chestnuts and green pepper in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, teriyaki, lemon juice, ginger, onion powder and dry mustard.
- Mix the peanut butter dressing into the chicken salad.
- Line pita pocket (½ of the pita round) with one lettuce leaf and fill with alfalfa sprouts and the chicken salad.