Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1½ cups cooked white chicken meat, chopped
- ½ cup canned crushed unsweetened pineapple, well drained
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup canned chopped water chestnuts, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- leaf lettuce
- 4 oat bran pita rounds
- Combine chicken, pineapple, celery, water chestnuts and green pepper in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, teriyaki, lemon juice, ginger, onion powder and dry mustard.
- Mix the peanut butter dressing into the chicken salad.
- Line pita pocket (½ of the pita round) with one lettuce leaf and fill with alfalfa sprouts and the chicken salad.