Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 inch prepared pie shell
- 5 ripe mangoes sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Bake pie shell for ½ time suggested then allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange mango slices in lightly baked pie shell and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl blend together egg, cream and vanilla then gradually add sugar mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture over mangoes then dot with butter and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover pie last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Serve with ice cream.