This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 inch prepared pie shell
- 5 ripe mangoes sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Bake pie shell for ½ time suggested then allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange mango slices in lightly baked pie shell and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl blend together egg, cream and vanilla then gradually add sugar mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture over mangoes then dot with butter and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover pie last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Serve with ice cream.