Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 16 servings.
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tartar in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Heat to the hard-crack stage  without stirring.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add hazelnuts, almond extract and baking soda; stir briskly.
- Pour into a buttered 17 x 11 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Let cool before breaking into pieces.
- ↑ 'Hard-crack' is a test for candy at which point a drop of the syrup immersed in cold water separates into hard, brittle threads. On a candy thermometer, the hard-crack stage is between 300°F and 310°F.