This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn shredded
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine romaine, peppers, cranberries and pistachios in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and toss with lettuce mixture.