Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 3 x 14 oz cans low-salt fat-free chicken broth
- 1½ cups orecchiette or gnocchi pasta shells
- 1 x 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- Peeling tomatoes: cut out the stem; plop tomatoes into boiling water for about 1 minute; remove from water with a slotted spoon and immediately drop into a bowl of cold water and ice cubes (to stop the cooking process); peel should practically slide off easily with the help of a paring knife.
- Bring water and broth to a boil in a large dutch oven.
- Add pasta and spinach; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in tomato.
- In a cup, combine 3 tbsp cheese, pepper, salt and egg, stir well.
- Slowly drizzle egg mixture into simmering soup; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 177 | Fat 4g | Carbs 24g | Fiber 1g