Ingredients (feeds 4): Edit
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion
- 1 bunch of Green Onions
- cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 table spoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup cubed pineapple chuncks
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 table spoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup ~ 3/4 of a jar smuckers sweet orange marmalade
- 1 heaping table spoon of huyfong brand Garlic Chili
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
If using brown rice, start the rice. - otherwise prep veggies
1. Cut onion and bell peppers into about 1 inch cube or triangle pieces - set aside
2. Chop green onion into 1/4 inch length pieces - set aside
3. Mix sauce ingredients in bowl, set aside
4. If cooking white rice, start the rice.
5. trim chicken - and cut into 1 inch cubes, place in bowl
6. pour rice vinegar over chicken and mix, salt, pepper, and chicken, mix until evenly coated
7. Place flour on a plate and roll chicken in flour, set aside.
8. heat wok with about an 1/2 to 1 inch of oil
9. when wok is hot place chicken in wok, and fry until dark golden color
10.remove chicken, and set aside in clean bowl, pour out the oil from wok (there should be a little oil still coating the wok, dont clean it out. It will be used for the veggies)
11. put the onions and bell pepper into the wok, and stir fry until slightly charred and glossy
13. turn down the heat, add the chicken back in, add the sauce, and stir repeatedly.
14. Once the sauce is thick, then turn off the heat, and stir in the green onions.
15. Serve over rice
- If the sauce does not thicken, add more cornstarch and water mix.
--Snarf04rab 15:40, November 7, 2009 (UTC)