Makes 8 servings.
- 1 cup soft wholewheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup bran (natural)
- ¼ cup brown sugar substitute (SugarTwin)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin (1 pkg)
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange rind
- 1 small banana
- 2 tbsp white sugar substitute (SugarTwin)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small orange
- 8 strawberries or grapes
- Crust combine crumbs, bran, sweetener and cinnamon in a bowl.
- With fingers, rub in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press onto bottom of 7 or 8" springform pan.
- Filling in small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Place over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- In food processor or blender, combine cottage cheese, orange juice, orange rind, banana, sweetener, lemon juice and dissolved gelatin.
- Puree until smooth (or mash cottage cheese and banana along with sweetener, juices and gelatin or press through sieve).
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator 2-4 hours or until set.
- At serving time, remove side from pan.
- With wide metal lifter, slip cheesecake off bottom of pan onto serving plate or leave on base of springform pan.
- Peel orange, removing pith and thin membrane.
- Remove sections.
- Slice strawberries or grapes.
- Arrange on top of cheesecake along with orange slices.
Nutritional informaton Edit
- ⅛ cheesecake 1 fruits and vegetables choice, 1 protein choice 12 g carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 4 g fat 124 calories