This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 7 ounces lemon lime soda
- ½ pound miniature marshmallows
- 3 ounce package orange gelatin
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple undrained
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- ⅔ cup salad dressing
- Combine soda and marshmallows in sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved then add hot mixture to cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill for 30 minutes then fold in whipped cream and salad dressing.
- Blend in pineapple and nuts then pour into lightly oiled mold then chill until well set.