A seafood delight of scallops with a citrus zing and tasty walnuts.
- 12 sea scallops (approximately ¾ pound)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- salt and white pepper to taste
- ½ (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- Take the sea scallops rinse and cut in half, then place then in a nonreactive dish and add orange juice to the scallops, stirring and setting aside.
- Take a 12-inch skillet and place it over medium heat, then add oil to the skillet, then add spinach and cook until the spinach is heated through and just wilted, making sure to stir often.
- Push the spinach to the sides of the pan so that it forms a ring, then increase the heat to medium high.
- Take the scallops and place them in the center of the pan, then cook the scallops and turn them once for about 1 to 2 minutes or until they are opaque.
- Add walnuts to the mixture in the skillet, seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- When serving make a bed of spinach on a plate and top with scallops, pan juices and mandarin orange segments.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 199 | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 501mg | Fiber: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g