- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 to 1½ cups water
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- Soak rice for 30 minutes to 2 hours before cooking; drain.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Add drained rice. Cook, partially covered, until liquid is absorbed about 15 minutes.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon stick. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 fruit exchange
- cal: 158 | cho: 0g | car: 35g | pro: 3g | sod: 3mg | fat: 1g