I like Arrowhead Mills pancake mixes. They have a variety of them - buckwheat, wholewheat, multigrain, etc. Just mix up all the above to the consistency you like for thickness by adding more of the pancake mix - I like a really crêpe-style pancake so I can roll them and fill them with all fruit and lemon juice or low salt fat-free pie fillings (Pet cherry) and top them with the low or no-fat version of Cool Whip - this makes an awesome dessert. The orange flavor combined with the spongy quality of the cakes due to the egg whites is really a wonderful treat. You can adapt this recipe to french toast too.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1.5+ cups of pancake mix
- ½ cup non-fat milk or water
- ½ cup orange juice
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract
- orange rind if you like
- PAM spray
- Just mix up all the above to the consistency you like for thickness by adding more of the pancake mix.
- Just mix together the egg whites and the orange juice and orange extract, plus add some cinnamon. It is especially good when using a heavy whole grain breads, heavy breads or fruit bread that's gone stale.
- Spray a pan with PAM (or use a non-stick pan).
- Fry them up!