In Romanian: Marmelada de portocale
- 4 large oranges
- 1 lemon
- as much sugar as the weight of oranges
- lemon and the water in which they boiled
- three times as much water, by weight, as the weight of the oranges and lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- Wash the oranges and lemon.
- Slice each fruit in 16 sections lengthwise and then halve each section.
- You will now have 32 pieces of each fruit.
- Weigh the fruit and add three times as much water.
- Leave them like this for 24 hours.
- Then set to boil and keep on heat for 1 hour since the moment it starts boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, refrigerating for another 24 hours.
- Weigh the oranges again together with the water they boiled in and add as much sugar.
- The sugar should be added after the oranges and water have been heated.
- Boil for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Pour in warmed jars while still warm.
- Tie the jars with cellophane after the marmelade is cold.