Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Marmelada de portocale
- 4 large oranges
- 1 lemon
- as much sugar as the weight of oranges
- lemon and the water in which they boiled
- three times as much water, by weight, as the weight of the oranges and lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- Wash the oranges and lemon.
- Slice each fruit in 16 sections lengthwise and then halve each section.
- You will now have 32 pieces of each fruit.
- Weigh the fruit and add three times as much water.
- Leave them like this for 24 hours.
- Then set to boil and keep on heat for 1 hour since the moment it starts boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, refrigerating for another 24 hours.
- Weigh the oranges again together with the water they boiled in and add as much sugar.
- The sugar should be added after the oranges and water have been heated.
- Boil for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Pour in warmed jars while still warm.
- Tie the jars with cellophane after the marmelade is cold.