Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Keller Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pound fully cooked ham cut into 24 cubes
- 2 medium oranges peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 large green pepper cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper cut into 16 pieces
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- On eight metal skewers alternately thread three ham cubes, two orange pieces, two green pepper pieces and two red pepper pieces.
- Place on a broiler pan with rack and broil 5 inches from heat for 8 minutes turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, tomato paste and ginger and mix well.
- Brush half over kabobs then broil 3 minutes.
- Turn kabobs and brush with the remaining sauce then broil 2 minutes more.