Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It's very good and you can add whatever vegetables that appeal to your family. This recipe is for 4 servings.
- Preparation: 30 minutes.
- 1 lb sirloin steaks, about ¾ inch thick
- 5 carrots, peeled
- 2 oranges
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed
- Trim fat from steak.
- Slice across the grain in ⅛ inch thick strips; cut into 2-inch lengths.
- Cut carrots into ¼ inch pieces.
- Using zester, peel rind of oranges into long, narrow strips.
- Squeeze oranges to make ⅓ cup of juice.
- Whisk together half of the rind, the juice, oyster and soy sauces, sherry, cornstarch and pepper sauce.
- In bowl, combine beef with 2 tbs of the sauce and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In wok, heat half of the oil over high heat; stir fry beef in batches for 1 - 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil, ginger and garlic to wok.
- Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Add carrots and ¼ cup water.
- Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve snow peas diagonally.
- Stir into wok with beef and remaining sauce; bring to boil and cook uncovered for 1 - 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Top with remaining rind.