Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 thick slices French bread
- butter for frying
- Combine eggs, orange juice, milk, vanilla, orange zest and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture.
- Place in a container large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread and refrigerate covered overnight.
- Fry in butter in a skillet or griddle until golden brown on both sides.