This recipe came from an estate sale from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup orange juice
- Grated rind of one orange
- Beat egg yolks and honey together.
- Add one cup cream and milk and continue beating.
- Add orange juice slowly to prevent curdling.
- Whip remaining cream then fold into orange mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form
- Then add two tablespoons honey and beat again until honey is mixed with egg whites
- Then fold into eggnog and garnish with grated orange rind and nutmeg.