Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Whip up this frothy cooler in minutes — it tastes like an old-fashioned Creamsicle. For best results, start with ice-cold soy milk and use freshly squeezed orange juice. Creamy, custard-like silken tofu adds extra body. For additional calcium, use calcium-fortified orange juice.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www20.mayoclinicembodyhealth.com
- Serves 4
- 1½ cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk, chilled
- ⅓ cup silken or soft tofu
- 1 tbsp dark honey
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 peeled orange segments
- In a blender, combine the orange juice, soy milk, tofu, honey, orange zest, vanilla and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish each glass with an orange segment.
Nutritional information Edit
- 105 Calories | 0mg Cholesterol | 3g Protein | 18mg Sodium | 20g Carbs | 1g Fiber | 1g Total fat | 249mg Potassium | <1g Saturated fat | 109mg Calcium | <1g Monounsaturated fat
- Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid Servings: 1 fruits | 1 protein and dairy
- Diabetes Meal Plan Exchanges: 1 fruits | ½ milk and milk products
- DASH Eating Plan Servings: 1 Fruits