This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup margarine melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 12 ounces whipped topping with real cream thawed
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients then add combined egg, milk, margarine rind and 1 cup whipped topping mixing just until moistened then drop ¼ cup batter 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 450°F for 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately then cool and split.
- Combine strawberries, juice and sugar then let stand 10 minutes.
- For each serving cover bottom half of shortcake with strawberry mixture and whipped toppling.
- Top with second half of shortcake additional strawberry mixture and whipped topping.