Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup margarine melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 12 ounces whipped topping with real cream thawed
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients then add combined egg, milk, margarine rind and 1 cup whipped topping mixing just until moistened then drop ¼ cup batter 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 450°F for 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately then cool and split.
- Combine strawberries, juice and sugar then let stand 10 minutes.
- For each serving cover bottom half of shortcake with strawberry mixture and whipped toppling.
- Top with second half of shortcake additional strawberry mixture and whipped topping.