Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Source: Cooking Light, September 1998
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 beets (about 3 pounds)
- 3 (3-inch) orange rind strips
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- orange rind strips (optional)
- Trim roots and stems from beets; scrub with a brush.
- Peel beets.
- Cut beets in half lengthwise; cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Place beets, 3 orange rind strips, orange juice, and vinegar in a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat (about 4 minutes).
- Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; place pressure cooker under cold running water.
- Remove lid.
- Drain mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Discard the 3 orange rind strips.
- Combine 1 cup reserved cooking liquid, beets, onions, sugar, grated orange rind, and mustard in a bowl; toss gently.
- Place 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates; top with beet mixture.
- Garnish with additional orange rind strips, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 142 (4% from fat) | fat 0.6g (sat 0.1g, mono 0.1g, poly 0.2g) | protein 4.9g | cholesterol 0.0mg | calcium 70mg | sodium 222mg | fiber 3g | iron 2.7mg | carbohydrate 32g