Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Source: Cooking Light, September 1998
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 beets (about 3 pounds)
- 3 (3-inch) orange rind strips
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- orange rind strips (optional)
- Trim roots and stems from beets; scrub with a brush.
- Peel beets.
- Cut beets in half lengthwise; cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Place beets, 3 orange rind strips, orange juice, and vinegar in a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat (about 4 minutes).
- Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; place pressure cooker under cold running water.
- Remove lid.
- Drain mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Discard the 3 orange rind strips.
- Combine 1 cup reserved cooking liquid, beets, onions, sugar, grated orange rind, and mustard in a bowl; toss gently.
- Place 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates; top with beet mixture.
- Garnish with additional orange rind strips, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 142 (4% from fat) | fat 0.6g (sat 0.1g, mono 0.1g, poly 0.2g) | protein 4.9g | cholesterol 0.0mg | calcium 70mg | sodium 222mg | fiber 3g | iron 2.7mg | carbohydrate 32g