Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 pound well-trimmed boneless beef top sirloin or top round steak, cut ¾ inch thick
- 5 tablespoons Kikkoman stir-fry sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 carrot, cut diagonally into thin slices
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cut beef into ⅛ to ¼-inch thick strips.
- Combine 2 tbsp stir-fry sauce, garlic and orange peel; stir in beef to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 3 tbsp stir-fry sauce, orange juice and cornstarch.
- Remove flowerets from broccoli; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Peel stalks; cut diagonally into thin slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Stir-fry ½ of beef strips 1 minute; remove.
- Repeat with 1 tbsp oil and remaining beef strips.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in same wok over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli and carrot; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with water, if needed.
- Stir in stir-fry sauce mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Return beef and heat through.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.