- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, (divided use)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- 8 cups chopped naval orange flesh, drained well (7 to 9)
- 2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup old fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light, brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine Sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and nutmeg or mace.
- Combine orange and rhubarb in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Pour cornstarch mixture over; combine.
- Combine Oats, brown sugar, juice and remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in lower third of preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly and topping is golden brown.