- 1/4 cup margarine or butter (room temperature or melted)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or substitute white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl beat the margarine with the sugar.
- Add about half of the flour, the orange peel, half of the orange juice, the egg and the baking powder.
- Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in the remaining flour and orange juice.
- Then, stir in the nuts and dates.
- Pour batter in a lightly greased and floured 9" by 13" cake pan.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake. Sift powdered sugar over the top, if desired. Then, cut and serve.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.