ORANGE-CHOCOLATE FUDGE CANDY
3 cups sugar 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup orange juice 12 oz. pkg. real semi sweet chocolate pieces 1 T. grated orange peel 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- In 3 qt. saucepan, combine sugar, water and juice. Put on medium heat,
stir until sugar dissolves. Cool syrup, while stirring, until 234 deggrees, softball stage. (Test with candy thermometer.) Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, stir until well blended. Stir in orange peel and walnuts.
- Line a small Pyrex pan with foil. Spread candy onto foil.
- Chill until set. Turn out of pan. Peel off foil.
- Cut into squares or bars. Keep covered in cool, dry place.