Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mrs. Waddell Barnes
- Serves 4 whole breasts or 8 half breast servings.
- 4 whole chicken breasts (may be boned, if desired) with skin removed, season with paprika, salt and pepper
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 can artichoke hearts, halved (15 oz)
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of tarragon or rosemary
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ cups chicken bouillon
- ⅓ cup sherry
- Mix paprika, salt and pepper on platter or in paper bag and coat chicken as for frying.
- Shake excess coating from chicken pieces, then sauté in margarine until brown.
- Place chicken pieces in large casserole and add artichokes among the breasts of chicken.
- Sauté fresh mushrooms in same skillet and add margarine if needed.
- Sprinkle crushed herbs over them and sauté 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Pour over chicken.
- Shake flour and bouillon together in jar with tight lid until well blended.
- Next stir in sherry.
- Pour in pan and stir over medium heat until thickened to consistency of medium cream sauce.
- Pour over chicken, cover casserole with lid or foil and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F.