Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mrs. Waddell Barnes
- Serves 4 whole breasts or 8 half breast servings.
- 4 whole chicken breasts (may be boned, if desired) with skin removed, season with paprika, salt and pepper
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 can artichoke hearts, halved (15 oz)
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of tarragon or rosemary
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ cups chicken bouillon
- ⅓ cup sherry
- Mix paprika, salt and pepper on platter or in paper bag and coat chicken as for frying.
- Shake excess coating from chicken pieces, then sauté in margarine until brown.
- Place chicken pieces in large casserole and add artichokes among the breasts of chicken.
- Sauté fresh mushrooms in same skillet and add margarine if needed.
- Sprinkle crushed herbs over them and sauté 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Pour over chicken.
- Shake flour and bouillon together in jar with tight lid until well blended.
- Next stir in sherry.
- Pour in pan and stir over medium heat until thickened to consistency of medium cream sauce.
- Pour over chicken, cover casserole with lid or foil and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F.