Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken braised with coconut milk. The look of this recipe is similar to curry but actually different, although it also use many spices. Eaten with rice or lontong or ketupat.
Note: The term sautee is actually not sautéing. It is something similar to sautéing but with higher temperature.
- 1 chicken, cut into ten pieces
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
- 1000 ml thin coconut milk
- 1 citronella grass (lemon grass)
- 2 cm galangal
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 orange leaf
- oil for sautéing
Ground spices Edit
All these ingredients are ground using cobek batu (stone pestle).
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, dry fried
- 1½ teaspoon coriander, dry fried
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, dry fried
- 4 cloves garlic
- 7 cloves red onion
- 5 candlenut, dry fried
- 2 cm turmeric, dry fried/roast
- 1 cm ginger, dry fried/roast
- salt and sugar to taste
- Sauté all grounded spices until the smell is good, put citronella grass, bay leaf, orange leaf, and galangal.
- Put the chicken.
- Stir until the chicken mixes well with the spices.
- Add thin coconut milk, cook until the chicken is tender.
- Add thick coconut milk, stir so that the coconut milk do not break away.
- Cook until boiled.