Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4
- thick slices of crusty bread
- red ripe tomatoes, halved and seeded,
- olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Pick your favourites of the following or use them all
- Cut tomatoes in half and with each half rub the slices of bread.
- Pour the olive oil on a flat plate and press the tomato side of bread into it.
- Replace the tomato half on the slice of bread, sprinkle with salt and pepper and any of the garnish you like.
- Pile onto a serving dish and decorate with fresh basil or mint leaves.
- An alternative is to use tomato purée instead of fresh tomatoes.