This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 can tuna drained and mixed with finely chopped bell pepper
- Combine cream cheese, eggs and chopped chives in a bowl and beat until combined.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out some of the soft interior forming a shallow shell.
- Fill bread with tuna mixture.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in a thick layer on both halves of the loaf.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Cut into individual portions and serve immediately.