Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a wonderful sandwich, good for any season. Serve with cream soups, or any chicken-stock soup, for a great supper. For a quick lunch, add a salad, Kosher dill spears and a tall glass of iced tea.
- 2 slices light caraway rye bread
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 x 1-oz slices Monterey jack Cheese
- 1 medium California avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced thinly
- 4 large slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion (Vidalia, Texas, Spanish, etc.)
- ½ Cup alfalfa sprouts
- no-stick spray
- Spray no-stick on a griddle or skillet (preferably cast iron) and heat til hot, but not smoking.
- Butter one side of each slice bread, and place buttered side down on griddle.
- Place one slice cheese on each slice bread, as for grilled cheese.
- On one slice, layer bread with onions, sprouts and tomatoes.
- Arrange avocado slices on top, turning them to make a heart shape.
- Remove from heat and top with second slice bread.