- To prepare sunflower seeds, toast them on a baking sheet at 350°F for 7 minutes; in fine-meshed sieve, rinse millet and quinoa under cold running water until water runs clear.
- In medium saucepan, combine millet, quinoa, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir, cover and return to fast boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed and steam holes appear, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, celery, garlic, oregano and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil large baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine millet mixture, sautéed vegetables, sunflower seeds, flour, vinegar, tamari and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Using ½ cup for each and packing firmly, form mixture into 10 round or oval patties.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some pepper puree onto each plate.
- Top each with a broiled mushroom, a burger and a broiled onion and tomato slice.
- Ring plates with arugula and serve hot.