- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a heavy skillet, and fry the seitan "steaks" in it until browned on each side.
- Toast the bread.
- In a small saucepan, toast the whole wheat flour over medium heat until it starts to brown and becomes aromatic.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast flakes and olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Cook until it starts to sizzle and bubble, then, using a wire whisk, stir in the water and soy sauce.
- Cook over medium-low heat until it achieves a thick gravy-consistency, and add the salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the toast on a large plate, and arranged the sliced green pepper on it.
- Place one fried seitan "steak" on each slice of toast, then pour the gravy over all.
- Get out a knife and fork, and chow down!.