Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- grated zest of 1 tangerine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Napa cabbage shredded
- 2 scallions green and white parts thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tangerines peeled and sectioned
- Combine half the sesame seeds with the oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, honey, ginger, tangerine zest, salt and pepper in an electric blender and process until smooth.
- Toss with the shredded cabbage, scallions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Serve garnished with tangerine sections and remaining sesame seeds.